Definitely a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 lb shrimp, unfrozen and shells removed
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta
- 1 lb cream cheese
- black pepper, generous serving
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 pint half and half
- 1 onion
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 fish bullion
- Thaw and clean shrimp.
- Cut the onion small.
- Cut the mushrooms thin (I used about 4 medium mushrooms).
- Peel the garlic cloves.
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- Heat a pan on medium high and put butter on it.
- Press about 3 garlic cloves in to the pan.
- Add the shrimps and sauté quickly on both sides. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan with a little more butter.
- When the onion is soft add the half and half to the pan along with the cream cheese and generous amounts of black pepper.
- Add a fish bullion and the wine and let it all melt together in the pan until thickened.
- Serve shrimp and sauce over pasta, with garlic bread and some white wine.