Takeout flavor without the takeout.
- noodles of choice – try soba or udon
- 2 cups mushrooms of choice – try shitake, crimini, or oyster
- 3 cups green beans
- 4 cloves garlic
- avocado oil or other high heat oil
- 2 scallions
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (Vegetarians – look for vegetarian oyster sauce made from mushrooms!)
- dash sesame oil
- dash lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mirin or sweet cooking wine
- sesame seeds and green onion, to garnish
- Trim green beans so there’s no weird end bits.
- Roughly chop mushrooms.
- Thinly slice scallions and green onion.
- Peel garlic and dice if you don’t have a press.
- Cook noodles as directed.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet on high.
- Fry green beans for 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until beans are wrinkled and a little charred.
- Remove green beans from heat and use the same pan to cook mushrooms for 6 minutes. Add more oil if needed.
- Add garlic to mushrooms, and saute for another minute.
- Add mirin, coconut aminos, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and lemon to skillet.
- Add green beans and pasta to skillet. Toss to combine.
- Scoop pasta into bowls, and top with sesame seeds and green onions.