This is really just a mechanism to eat copious amounts of parmesan.
- 1 package gnocchi – Trader Joe’s has a great one!
- 1 pint crimini mushrooms
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- olive oil
- 3 large handfuls spinach
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- salt and pepper
- BONUS: truffle salt
- Dice onion very small.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Peel garlic.
- Finely chop rosemary.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Carefully add in gnocchi and cook for 2-4 minutes, or until they all float. Drain immediately and set aside.
- Sauté onions until starting to caramelize.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5-8 minutes.
- Remove veggies from the pan and use pan to cook the pork. Add rosemary and garlic when it looks nice and browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add onions, mushrooms, spinach, and gnocchi to pan. Stir to combine.
- This is when you add the parmesan. Shake that stuff in like there’s no tomorrow. Add to your personal taste. (I added a lot because treat yourself)
- Spoon gnocchi onto plate, top with salt (or truffle salt!) and pepper. Self, treated.